Sunday, May 18, 2014

Soul set free in the One I love




Quote from the audio series, "Deliverance and Demonology."
I also notice the words of Paul in 1 Corinthians 9:26 speaking about his own ministry. He says:
I therefore run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air . . .
You see, a wild or inexperienced boxer will lash out with his fists, but all he hits is air. He expends a lot of energy. He may even get the impression he’s achieving a lot but he really does his opponent no harm at all. And again, so much of Christian ministry and activity is really beating the air. It’s lashing out with words, sermons and prayers. But, if you don’t know the real nature and whereabouts and activity of your enemy, it’s a happy coincidence when you land a blow on him. And again, the real source of deep seated, long standing personal problems in most cases is demons or evil spirits.Until we come to detect them and realize and acknowledge their presence, know how they operate and know the means to deal with them we’re mainly operating like someone that is beating the air.


Very true.


With conference coming up next week, felt prompted by God to share about deliverance.
(Not that I know how many hopies (lol) are reading but the two who told me about my blog better rmb ahaha~)

Deliverance is not sth we often hear in church about, but I'm glad to see that some sorta deliverance has been carried out during altar calls at times; breaking generational curses and all. Though it might be a touch and go thing that is insignificant to some, we are growing :) 

I only knew about deliverance last year and I was so surprised when I first heard Derek preach it cause I never knew how scriptural it is. 

It is common to hear people go, 'Oh let's not deal with evil spirits.' They think it's too dangerous and so on but hey, read Mark 1.

The first thing Jesus did was not to heal the people. The first thing was to drive out the unclean/demonic spirits in the people. It's only until the demonic spirits got out of the bodies of the sick then could they receive healing.

I can testify to this cause that's how I received healing for my chronic dermatitis. I was first delivered, then healed.
I believe there were many demonic spirits in me cause I dealt with horoscope, watched some programmes on tarot cards etc. I was so good with horoscope that I could predict a lot of a person's personality simply by his/her birth date. The accuracy increased when they could provide me with their timings and places of birth. Contrary to popular belief, horoscope is not just about your sun sign, eg. Pisces. It involves the studying of many other signs and it's the overview of everything that gives a clear picture of the person. My classmates were very impressed and frequently consulted me when they needed advices in their rls and so on. Aish what a bad eg.. Please pray that they'll come to me now for godly advices. and that I can provide too haha.. 

Ah okay back to the point. I believe for healing to take place during our healing rally next week, driving out of evil spirits will be needed. As read in Mark 1, the demon came out with a shriek. Others might cause the person to convulse or vomit. Mine was a lot milder with just slight twitches and burping. I only felt nauseous once. But whatever the manifestation might be, let us not be freaked out when we see dramatic ones or think it's an act. It's God moving.

And before we pray for others, let's remember to cover ourselves and people around us with the blood of Jesus cause when spirits are driven out, they will look for another host. An unprotected one. As learnt from Sister Joy, a church staff who is in charge of deliverance, my usual practice is to command the spirits to drown themselves to death in the nearest drain for ultimate protection.

I know all these might sound bizarre, but these are based on the Word of God and as children of God, we cannot be ignorant. Especially when many pre believers will be there at the healing rally.


17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”


God has alr given us the authority to drive out demons and heal the sick. We are expected to do these. We can do these. In His name.




No comments: