Been waiting for this sequel for too long! Really enjoyed the previous one with all the awesome lines. Glad to see Harry Osborn looking good towards the end aha. I think Dane has the scary power of looking like a 20 year old when he's alr 28. Please stop looking younger than your wife! It's.. sad.
It's a pity that Gwen died as planned too. Would love to see Emma act as Mary Jane though! I'll pretend nothing happened.
One of the best things of watching these dudes on TV is seeing how they enjoy what they're doing, which happens to be what you enjoy doing too heh. Acting is so fun. Okay this might come across as a surprise to many since I've always been branded as some bookworm (which I am), #recreate2013 stuff were totally my stuff.
Ah yeah back to TWL. Just wanna make a disclaimer: 99% of the kids I know there are very nice. Pretty much what we term as regular kids. It just so happens that the kids I get are.. slightly different from the rest of them.
My Sunday routine is to fetch the kids from HopeKids, bring them for lunch, talk to them, bring them to TWL, bring them home, work.
When we are out for lunch, they are a lot more obedient. They do follow instructions and acknowledge my presence to a certain extent, though I have to be very firm with them most of the time.
However, when TWL starts, the nightmare starts. When I'm nice to R, she screams and shouts the very moment I refuse to spoonfeed her with the answers. When I'm firm with her, things get worse. She doesn't just hurl abusive remarks, which includes vulgarities, she frequently employs physical abuse too. I think I got the most painful pinch of my life when she used all her might and I can still see the scar on my left arm. Guess Sherman must have been shocked when he saw her kick me and attempting to bite me when we were sending her and her brother home. Ah still remember the powerful kick in the shin I received as well. I think only soccer players can understand the pain. Tears just welled up in an instant.
Don't I stop her? Yes I do. But I have no idea why it feels like she's stronger than me. Having to discipline D isn't a simple task either. Just today, she got into some verbal conflict by saying the wrong things and I had to talk to her personally. Didn't wanna correct her in front of the guys cause I doubt she'd listen nor comprehend there and then, and some stuff are hmmm, better said and asked in their absence. Teaching her is not any easier with weaker foundations and impatience (in getting the solutions) involved.
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who dreads going to TWL.
Tutors who have seen how things are like often tell me how it's been difficult or me, how patient I am and the sort, but my honest thoughts were how I'd much rather be the one saying all that than return home defeated with wounds (literally lol) from these weekly battles.
And it's so easy to wallow in self pity when I see how others get lovely kids who are so cute and smart and obedient and everything. Having come from the P4 group where I was paired with Liyana The Angel didn't help.
But I guess they are my answered prayers.
Was asking God to help me to be more patient and love others like He does and tada, here they come.
And I've come to see how a lot of times, we hurt God in the very same ways. We get impatient and choose the wrong things. Or to give up. We treat Him like a genie; we only go to Him when we need or wanna get sth. And when we don't, we throw tantrums, we leave, we doubt His love, and even accuse Him of what He's not.
Oh Lord, I'm so sorry.
More than teaching, these are what I've learnt at Tuition With Love thus far.
'Daughter, have you learnt to love?'
No comments:
Post a Comment