If you're expecting a 'spiritual' post, you can wait for the next.
Everyone was getting sentimental during LG just now lol. It started with Sengkim trying to force us to listen to 选择 simply cause he loves it. It's considered a classic duet and after the whole discussion about all the songs for an hour (it was a less than semi formal LG), I realized I really listened to quite a variety of songs when I was younger to be able to know the lyrics of so many songs mentioned. Oldies, classics, pop, rock, pop rock, instrumental.. Chinese, English, Korean, Jap, Canto..
After 选择, he continued with Backstreet Boys and I was sharing how I couldn't differentiate their songs from Westlife's. They were too similar for a P2 kid to know the differences. But I'll definitely rmb World of Our Own and Queen of My Heart are by Westlife and Shape of My Heart's by BB. #sonicehowtoforget
Oh my goodness I can still picture the 8 year old me humming to Larger Than Life in the car with my cousins. And laughing at Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely now.
Ah speaking of which, Ms Ling must have been a Westlife fan. We sang My Love regularly during my 6 years of community singing in HWS. At times she added Seasons in the Sun (their version), Flying Without Wings, I Have A Dream; sneaky sneakyyy.
Aish it's okay. I've got Boys Like Girls at least. Thunder!! Was so happy when I watched them perform it live (for free wahaha) last Oct(?) after waiting for 5 years. They sang quite a lot of songs hohoho. Ah ION you're the best. In 2012, it was Blue and teenage faves once again: U Make Me Wanna, One Love, If You Come Back.. Lee Ryan was so good back then gosh. Hopefully this year they could get Owl City heeheehee
Then we continued with Cpop and man, I felt like some genius remembering so many Chinese songs, #powerofradio indeed. Liwei was complaining about how tough Leehom's songs are; David Tao's aren't any easier, but both are awesome. Sengkim attacked the boy bands but he forgot that 5566 survived for 7 years. They were so popular until our First Lady offered them unconditional citizenship #proudfangirl, and until my mum knew how to sing the chorus of their title song.
Ancient MVs of the 80s and 90s were hilarious too, and we marveled at how Jimmy Lin still looks like he's in his late 20s. Chloe was sighing as she shared her observation of guys' tendency to look younger than their age - it's so true, so we concluded that a larger age gap is good lol.
Liwei was saying how Jay Chou's MVs have the prettiest female leads and that's super true too. Cause he always chooses them according to his definition of pretty: '大眼睛,长发,中国风'. Here's an eg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m4V1pVWWJk
One of my all time favourite interviews. Featured album is 七里香 and yay man, it's one of my fave albums. Worth listening: (just rewatched the MVs so I guess there are some changes.. :p)
1.我的地盘
2.七里香** (MV!!)3.借口
4.外婆* (MV!)
5.将军
9.园游会** (MV!)
10.止战之殇** (MV!)
But the best is still 十一月的蕭邦.
1. 夜曲** (MV!)
4. 黑色毛衣**
6. 枫** (MV!)
7. 浪漫手机** (MV!)
9. 麦芽糖*
10. 珊瑚海
11. 飘移*
4. 黑色毛衣**
6. 枫** (MV!)
7. 浪漫手机** (MV!)
9. 麦芽糖*
10. 珊瑚海
11. 飘移*
By the way this interview was before they got together haha, but aiya he alr made it obvious by asking her for a meal during the bts. Sometimes I really think they might have gotten married if he only knew her now lol, oh well~ Kun Ling is good too, please just get married soon~
And this is one of the rare shows he's really happy and being 'himself' in. I think is cause he could just say whatever he wished to and intro so many people. Actually I can totally identify with him lol; guess it's a shared love for speaking into the mic like what I did during my 21st. Very tiring but it was so fun holding the mic and introducing all my friends, thanking them, making fun of them heh.
Still rmb what Jon said the next day during TWL:
'Hey have you considered hosting for real?'
'No..?'
'Well I think you should. You're effectively bilingual, and you're shameless!'
'Wow, thanks Jon..'
Oh whatever~ okay I'm too hungry now to write anymore bye
No comments:
Post a Comment