Friday, May 9, 2014

We're gonna stand strong stand tall cause Jesus Christ is Lord of all






Quote from the radio message, "Ruling By Prayer."
This week I’m going to open up for you some of the limitless possibilities of believing prayer.
To begin with, let me remind you of three main truths. First, God has made us a kingdom of priests. As such, our responsibility is to rule by prayer. The Bible reveals that this world is not really ruled by kings and presidents and governors and dictators. They only seem to rule. The people who really rule the world are those who know how to pray.Second, to be effective, our prayers must be both directed and empowered by the Holy Spirit. Without the help of the Holy Spirit we cannot pray effectively.
Third, the Spirit of God and the Word of God always work together. The power of the Holy Spirit only works through our prayers in so far as they are in line with the Word of God, that is, the Bible. This means that to pray effectively we must know what the Bible says.



Pre.cise.ly.

Just when I was praying for the salvation of my family this morn, these came. God You have the best timing indeed hiakk. 

It's really a cause of concern how so often, many of us get annoyed when our leaders advise us to pray. I can't count the number of times I've heard people say, 'Aiya tell them for what, end up also tell me go pray only. Like I don't know.' And several of the responses I've seen are as good as treating prayer with contempt. When prayer is so. powerful.

I guess it's cause a lot of times, we aren't told the reasons of doing some stuff. I can identify with this cause I used to question the purposes of fasting and praying (and many other stuff) until I've come to learn of the importance of these two practices in our walk with God. 

The power of prayer is that things are set into motion in the heavenly realm as we pray. If we don't pray, nothing happens. We can do a lot of things, try out different methods of reaching out to our families and friends, but we are merely labouring in vain if we fail to pray cause the real battle is in the heavenly realm, not here on earth. Whatever we bind on earth we bind in heaven. God hears our prayers, and He answers them. (These are coming from someone who has tried relying on her own strength for the past 7 years of her life and has given up doing so.)

(Fasting: refer to post dated 24 Feb)

I can't imagine how sad God gets when we choose to seek human advices instead of going to Him in prayer for the solutions. Especially when He has provided so many in His Word! If you needa get outta depression, put on a garment of praise and replace the negative thoughts by proclaiming verses of hope. If you need wisdom, just ask. If you need Him to direct your paths, acknowledge Him by thanking Him in every lil thing. 

Studying the Word of God is just so fun. I feel like a birthday girl unwrapping gifts all year long hehe. 

And one of the best gifts ever is this embed video! Sometimes I really think Pastor Steve is a genius lol, thank God for you!!

Was trying so hard to ask my mum to come for Mothers Day service tomorrow. Spent 1.5 hours drafting and 45 mins writing my long letter of love, testimonies and invitation, said all I can, prayed, fasted but still, nothing happened. My mum just refused to come for service.
 
I still rmb how when my mum rejected my invitation, my instant reaction was to tear. Uncontrollably. Everyone was shocked cause it's been years since they've last seen me cry but you know, it's just really heartbreaking to see the most important person in your life rejecting the best Thing that has happened to you. 

But now, I'm a lot more assured that my family will be saved cause I've learnt the essential steps, according to the Word of God, in the video. If you're the only Christian at home too, this is the perfect video to watch. 

No comments: