Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quotes, from normal people like you and I.

109th post

Xiangyu @ http://xiangy-uu.blogspot.com/

something beautiful from the movie Adaptation:

"you are what you love, not what loves you"

with regards to everything of the world, you are what you love, not what loves you.

but with regards to God, you are what you love AND what loves you.


it really helps to have a thankful heart...

i have been making deliberate attempts to count my blessings and i must say, the more i do so, the more i realise how awesome God is to me...

to the point that i secretly think God likes me.

;)




Shuyi @ http://shuyi.livejournal.com/

Through my actions, it appeared that I wanted to prove myself before God that I am worthy to be loved and noticed. It's so crazy that I find it so hard to accept the fact that before I am, before I do, I am loved already.

I can only come before God and plead, "Please forgive me. Just one bit of Your love in me. So I can love others too."

And then I see the significance of the cross. I love because He first loved.

I love because He loves you.

This morning, I cannot help but to pray to God, 1 Chronicles 17:16-27. Who am I, that You so favour me?




Zachary @ http://thedreamist.wordpress.com/

1) If this is not the group you would want to play with, this would not be the group you want to work for.

2) No one listens to strangers. No one.

3) Being on time is not a skill, it is a character.

4) To stay healthy, dream regularly.

However, I have come to realized that we would never lead perfect lives. Given the chance for resets, even infinite reset would not suffice! We would always mess up simply because we are imperfect.

Learn to appreciate imperfections; you would be living with them for a lifetime!

If you believe the same God as I believe, grasp the concept of His sovereignty as hard as I do and trust in His goodness as much as I can… then you might realize that His permissible plans for us have been the best alternatives we could achieved with our flawed and misjudged choices. I do not regret any of my mistakes, although I do repent from all of them. It was these very mistakes and failures that God used to mold me into the person I am today. Given the choice now, I would choose to live it exactly the same way as I had. To ask for the removal of this mistakes would be to ask God for a different person; someone other than me.

Ours [value] is in God’s perfecting blood. Even angels do not have such a privilege!

I think your followers should enjoy following you.

Haven’t we realized that some people’s influence extends beyond their groups? Or how is it that we still ask the advice of some leaders who have moved on to other congregations? These are the ones who have earned the people’s respect; these are the true leaders.

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us… if it is leadership, let him govern diligently.








Ethan Alvin @ http://ethanalvin.wordpress.com/

Leadership is a very dangerous position as you can often cover up your actions with some “reasonings”.

It’s not about the number of things you have done for God, but rather the number of things you have done according to what God wants!

Honestly Procrastination really destroys God’s intended life for us!

Surrender
- When we choose not to surrender, that’s because something is holding us back. It might be fear, bitterness, pain, misery or something beyond our comfort zone. *What’s Stopping You? Surrending to God means that you may have to be totally opposite from who you were before, there must be a change in your bearings, your attitude and most importantly ACTIONS.

God is indeed an illogical Father who knows us beyond the present and limitations, to know what our real Potential is.

No comments: