Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Are You on the List?

26th post

Back from HEROES / SSS :D

Instead of getting into The Grandpa Grandma Storymode, will just list down some stuff I learnt from certain individuals:

Pastor Shirley

'Until and unless our sins are exposed, we won't be able to grow.'

'Moses spent
40years thinking he's somebody
40years thinking he's a nobody
40years knowing that God can use anybody.'

Torchie

'No test, no testimony.'
'Courage should be accompanied with godly wisdom.'
'Not rash decision, but careful action.'
'Even if you choose not to take up the challenge, God will still work through another person. But the person who loses out the most is you.'

Dennis Laoda

'Our loyalty needs to have a voice. Hands. Stamina.'
'Last year, but best year.'
'As friends who serve together, we have to place the spiritual condition of our friend above the comfort of our relationship.'

Pastor Jeff

'You can run, but you can't hide,
Cause you don't know what's coming from the other side.' [HAHA]

'It's not about style.'
'God will never use instruments He cannot trust.'

Shiwei

Went to find her specially to take a pic together. [She's my first shepherd :D]
She was telling me that it's my last year next year, and that it's good to see that CCHMS is very sustainable cause there're quite a number of new faces.

What struck me was that when I was still under her, I was just a Sec 1 girl who's ignorant of many things. But in two weeks' time, I'm gonna be an O's kid.
How much have you let God use you.

Yingjie

Was talking to her at 0200+ at the swimming pool and I think it's our first time opening up to each other.

Shared with her stuff that God reminded me and put in my heart, especially during worship as I prayed. Not very easy for me to really recognise AND admit my mistakes due to pride haha.

And we do face similar problems but I know He will make a way.
So now that you know what were your mistakes, what are you gonna do then.

Zachary

Seeing him with the 'Free Hugs Hero' board during Shepherd's Appreciation really left me in awe.

Was reminded of him doing the same thing at Orchard Underpass.
'Some people actually don’t smile back!'
'What you do becomes what you stand for. Even if people criticize you. (I’ve got a middle finger today.)'


Thought to myself then: Doubt I'll have the courage to do it alone. But I will give it a try, sometime.
But where will you get the courage from and when will you ask for it.

Alvin

Met him at the vending machine when Yingjie wanted to get some snacks.

Alvin: Hey yinghui, very long didn't talk to you le. Think the last time was when you're in Sec 1 haha.
Me: Really meh? I got so old ah.. Hurhur
Alvin: Haha yeah so how are you?
Me: How ah.. Hmmm.. Like that lor, haha.

Alvin: yinghui, your ex caregroupmate leh. [refering to Ruixian]
Me: Haha oh oh yeahhhhh hahaha [Not exactly CGmate but same unit]
Alvin: Woah that means you really very old already hahahaha
Me: ... [Irritaing fellow..] Nvm, you older than me, haha

Does your actions show your spiritual age / maturity.
Rise up too.


Oh and he also asked Yingjie how's things at the CCHMS girls side.
What happened to your Sub D.


Struck struck struck.

1 comment:

Hi said...

jia you sheep! (: