Anyway, finally submitted my research essay!! 2k down and 4k more to go.. And two presentations on the 10th & 11th.. Oh well, thank God I have less work and more time now hoho.
Quote from the book, "Blessings and Curses: Biblical Truth Simply Explained."
The history of Israel provides a vivid example of words determining our destiny. In chapters 13 and 14 of Numbers, Moses sent twelve tribal leaders to spy out the land of Canaan which God had promised to Israel as an inheritance. Two of them – Joshua and Caleb – returned with a positive report: “We should go up and take
possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.” The other ten spread a bad report that concluded, “We can’t attack these people; they are stronger than we are.”
possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.” The other ten spread a bad report that concluded, “We can’t attack these people; they are stronger than we are.”
The Lord told Moses and Aaron to tell the Israelites, “I will do the very things I heard you say.” Those who said, “We are able to enter the land,” did so. Those who said it was impossible did not. In the same way, God tells Christians, “I will do the very things I hear you say.”
These are just some of the statements that may open you up to a curse: “You’re driving me crazy!” “If there’s a bug around, I’ll catch it.” “I’m sick and tired . . .” “I just know my husband will be unfaithful.” “In our family we always fight like cats and dogs.” “I can never make ends meet.” “I can’t afford to tithe.” “Good things never happen to me.” “I’m just clumsy.” “Over my dead body . . .!”
Yes, I've seen plenty of such examples. It doesn't make sense to lay curses on ourselves. Definitely not worth being ignorant too.
The power in our words.
No comments:
Post a Comment