Quote from the audio/video series, "Seven Steps to Revival: The Prayer of Desperation."
So, what is the Lord waiting for? He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. All whom He has chosen for Himself. He will not bring final judgment until every last one has come in. And He’ll wait with infinite patience. And I believe there has to be one from every tribe, kindred, nation and tongue. And I believe there’s no more urgent task for the church than to reach the nations that have not been reached. Because, Jesus cannot come until everyone has been reached, and at least there’s one member of every tribe that will stand before the throne. God the Father sees to that because it’s to glorify His Son that His sacrifice has not been in vain for any nation on earth.
So, God is waiting. It’s His mercy that He’s waiting. He’ll tolerate wickedness that we would think incredible that God should not intervene. It’s not that He’s not going to judge the wicked, but He’s waiting for every last one whom he has chosen to come in. Brothers, when you’ve been in the ministry as long as I have, you’ll marvel at the way God finds the ones He’s chosen. I mean, He does the most amazing things to find somebody that nobody else would ever think worth looking at, but He’s chosen. God will not take the fishing net in until every last one who’s been chosen by God has come in. So get a different view of wickedness. See it as God’s infinite mercy and patience, waiting for those whom He has chosen. And then, don’t be too passive. Do something to help reaching the unreached. The motto of our ministry is “to reach the unreached and teach the untaught.” And do you know what, brothers? I have no doctrinal problems with anybody who’s totally committed to that. I find I’m in perfect harmony. I may have never met them before but in ten minutes it’s like we’ve known one another all our lives. And Ruth and I want to say that is our purpose for living. Matthew 24:14:
“This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”
That’s what God’s waiting for.
If anybody’s delaying it, it’s us.
No comments:
Post a Comment