I finally heeded the prompts from God to start gathering a few people again to meet on a regular basis to pray and intercede.
At our first prayer gathering of 2016, there were four of us present and immediately I felt like when we came together, we were like connectors that created a power portal. I know it was powerful because we immediately felt God’s presence with us, but it was more than just that! I felt as if the four of us were immediately teleported into another place: into our Father God’s heart. It’s a place where we felt safe and fully provided for, there was no lack and no fear of lack. It was so abundant and so sufficient. Whatever we needed and asked for, we would receive it as easily as ticking off a checklist, that simple and certain! I am going to refer to these small prayer groups as power portals.
God showed how this is the strategy for us in Soakability (well actually it applies to anyone else too!) for this year. 2016 is the year of revival, but the enemy is not going to let us sail into revival just like that. He is going to throw out brickbats in the form of evil Ds (and others)
- Distraction (in economy and social media) so that we are busy worrying about surviving or responding to chaos or fighting with people in discussions that lead to disagreements and drama. We need to pray that God’s people will not be preoccupied by the things of man that they miss the things of God!
- Depression / Discouragement - God’s people if they don’t get into their power portal and receive what they need from the Father, they are going to be worn out and weary. They will just carry on struggling in survival mode, instead of thriving and overflowing in love and power in this world as an ambassador of God! Yes we can pray on our own and receive from God on our own. But there’s something exponentially more powerful about coming together in unity and agreement as a group!
It’s like the illustration the strength of one chopstick compared to a bundle of chopsticks. It’s easy to break a single chopstick, but try breaking a whole bundle of chopsticks tied together? (You might end up breaking your hand instead!) There is more strength in numbers! Likewise I felt more power during our prayer time as a group and I am so encouraged that I want to keep on experiencing it as a group!

- Deceit - We need to pray for clarity, discernment and wisdom, otherwise people will be led astray, follow the wrong voices of influence (louder doesn’t necessarily mean correct, we need to hear God’s voice ourselves and have wise counsel) and the hearts of people can grow cold. We need to pray for hunger and fire for the Christians in Singapore and in our church.
- Discord - We need to pray for peace in our church and families. Guard our hearts against offence and seek to bring reconciliation and understanding. Offence causes separation and isolation (which is dangerous). Unresolved conflict can cause offence that can fester into unforgiveness, a poison that blinds and slowly kills the joy, love and the flow of blessings in and out.
- Demonic Attacks on Leadership - We need to cover the leadership / serving team in prayer. If the shepherds are down, the sheep will be led astray and more prone to wolf attacks.
Now as I write this, I just want to clarify that I am not afraid of the devil. He is a defeated foe.
For He [God] rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son (Colossians 1:3)
God [or Christ; He] ·stripped the spiritual rulers and powers of their authority [disarmed/despoiled the rulers and authorities]. With the cross, he won the victory and ·showed the world that they were powerless [publicly shamed them; made a public spectacle of them; like a triumphant general displaying his captives in a victory parade]. Colossians 2:15
Only God’s greatness spread all over in the world around me and within me is worthy of my attention and time. However I am writing this because I have been given a heads up about how the enemy will try to deceive those who are not alert or not looking to God as their source and their love.
I have done this so that we may not be taken advantage of by Satan. For we are not ignorant of his schemes. 2 Corinthians 2:11
So I am writing this to suggest how we can position ourselves to win and to thrive. Our eyes are on God always and by knowing our authority in Christ, we do what the Word says. We submit ourselves to God, resist the devil and he will flee from us (James 4:7)
His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. (2 Peter 1:3)
We will keep our focus on God and in that abiding in Him, take hold of the abundance that is promised and given us.
We will bless the world around us.
We will change what needs to be changed, starting with prayer.
So I propose:
A> Corporate part of the intercession gathering, pray for :
1) Soakability (our church)
2) revival in Singapore (and the church of Singapore as a body)
3) our government
B> Personal part of the intercession gathering
be in groups of four (maximum five), pray for each other’s needs and families (Speak health, protection, salvation etc.)
The important thing is that we need to meet at least once a week to pray. It is possible to do it at a suitable timing agreed with the others in each power portal group or to meet as a large group ie. prayer meeting style and pray the corporate part as a big group. Then break into smaller groups of four to pray the personal intercession part. If the groups are too big, the sharing will take a long time or it will be too rushed in order to try to close on time. Details are important and we want to give time to talk about details and pray more specifically when needed.
Try it and tell me if you experienced the same immediate power and answered prayers like I did. This is my Strategy for revival for Soakability in 2016. Just imagine how different things will look like, if all across the country people are praying every week, speaking life, declaring truth, resisting the works of the enemy and calling out breakthrough after breakthrough, because we have been given that authority from God to do so.
The time is NOW, let’s just do it!
(I'm in Hope but yes, prayer is so important! And I believe with all my heart that there's power in agreement. Start your power portals today!)
No comments:
Post a Comment