Saturday, November 29, 2014

I believe in God our Father, I believe in Christ the Son, I believe in the Holy Spirit

Went for a Habakkuk seminar by Pastor Benny Ho and he talked about the problem of evil and how believers are puzzled with the fact that bad things happen to good people etc. More than a commonly raised question in apologetics, it used to be sth I had to struggle with esp when I heard of how really kind people or their loved ones die tragically. I could memorise what's written on carm, Ravi Zacharias' responses, but deep down I still could not understand why God allows the righteous to suffer losses which the wicked should bear. "Can't You adopt an alternative plan? It's not as though You don't have the power to do so.." 


When we talk about trust in the sovereignty of God beyond knowledge, I believe it's a revelation to our spirit. And this can only be done by the Holy Spirit.

I used to wonder if I loved God, questioned others how they knew they love God.. until one fine day, I just got a miraculous assurance that I love God, I've received salvation, I'm going to heaven.

 A revelation to the spirit. 




Thank You so so much, Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit. 








No comments: