On my way home from a classmate's grandma's funeral at Fajar. Never been to this side of Singapore and I was so shocked by the distance from CCK MRT to Fajar LRT; it's as far as Lavender is from SP :o And it's further than JB is from my place haha! So cool right~ New addition to my potential places to explore hoho. Okay lah nth much there, just that it's so fun to be able to dangle my legs on a LRT seat :p
But anyway, managed to pray for my pre believing friend! Honestly it's a real awkward thing to do, to me at least, but I'm glad I did heh. Cause after all the most I can do is to talk to her / help her with schoolwork / buy some stuff for her; only God can strengthen her in the midst of the loss and with all the stress from our numerous datelines.
There were tears in her eyes whenever we talked about her grandma. I guess the kind of attachment we have with our caregivers when we're young is one of the strongest on this planet. Could somehow identify with her cause just the thought of my grandpa leaving me makes me tear.
There's sth about farewell that really saddens me. Oh well.
//////
Ah before I forget, Derek Prince has been teaching about fasting since the start of this week! As though it's in conjunction with the uni ministry's fasting right haha~ Ah in any way, it's a more than awesome series to learn from.
David humbled his soul by fasting. Ezra proclaimed a fast and they received supernatural protection. The people of Nineveh fasted and were spared. Esther & the Jews fasted and they were saved from annihilation.
Read Luke 4.
Before Jesus fasted (and after baptism), He was full of the Holy Spirit. After He had fasted, He was in the power of the Holy Spirit.
It's not about twisting God's arm. If so, why would Jesus have fasted?
It's an act of reliance, and obedience, knowing that our Father takes delight in those who depend on Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment