Saturday, April 5, 2014

Before the world began, you were on His mind

Went to Hope Centre to visit the kids after service. So glad to see them on stage just now! Most of us were so excited when Carmen told us on whatsapp hehe. 
 Poor Yong Chuan is always terrorized by Shawn. If he ever shows you a pic of Yong Chuan and him smiling, the truth is he was tickling him to force that smile when Yong Chuan was so reluctant to take the pic - cause I was beside the photographer ahaha


Anyway just wanna say that the kids at Tuition With Love are not just underprivileged. Many of them lack parental love and attention. It's very easy for these kids to join the wrong group, learn the wrong things. Benny was sharing with us how some of them will come to Hope Centre during weekdays telling him they have nothing to do. We really hope to give them a conducive environment to study, and to learn beyond academic terms. Most importantly, it's our desire to lead them a step closer to God. That's what the centre is for.


That's what we are all striving for. 


Jon Tay was telling us some details of the LGBT issues that are happening now and the tip of the iceberg, acc to him, was enough to make me feel so.. 

helpless. That's the only word I can think of. 


One of the very few times I can't help but to feel this way. It's as though there's nth I can do. Well actually it's true. I can't. 

But thank God I've got Him. To guide me in His plans. 


Jon (Lim) was sharing to me about some stuff as we were walking to army market and you know, he's really someone I'm so, so thankful to have known. 

Apart from his helpful nature and generosity (and always treating me like a, in his words, 'lil girl' lol), he's one of the best people to go to when you need advice, or learn sth. Time spent talking to him is always meaningful and today's the second time I walked away enlightened. His sharing of 10mins impacted me more than sermons I received in various settings. 


'Money cannot alleviate poverty. If it could, the billions of dollars India received could have brought them out of it.'

'I believe a lot of the things we do are outta compassion. Helping the kids, giving them money, giving them tuition.. But true compassion, is when we seek to bring them the gospel.' 



All these while, I'm guilty of neglecting the latter. That is the sole solution to everything. 

No comments: