13th post
Though I really wasn't willing to do the facebook discussion yesterday, I'm glad that I did it still after reading the story.
'However, I do feel that the other purpose is probably to erase the common misconception of Christians being the all-time holy people who never err.
If it's purely about racism, the author could have just wrote that the home is just another home, and not a 'religious' one. This is further emphasised by the last paragraph and the day being Good Friday.
The explanation to her choosing to have a nun to reject Mrs Edwards may even be that she's one who view Christians through tinted glasses, along with those who think that Christians are supposed to practice what they preach - anyhow, anywhere.'
-yinghui
No doubt I'm the only one who wrote this -and I'm sure people will think it's cause I'm a Christ follower that's why I wrote it- I'm happy that there're people who agree with my views.
I expected this to arouse a certain degree of unhappiness among anti-Christ friends who see it, and it's quite evident in their answers too, I did feel much better after writing all that.
It's not that I crave for others' agreement;
it's just that I really want to convey the message of 'no doubt the greatest commandment to Christians is to love one another, we are still fallible human beings who sin.'
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment