Wednesday, September 23, 2015

定睛在祢的榮美 世上一切變暗淡







http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/what-i-learned-about-god-psych-ward-patients#qkySIFspOYf0jV8i.99

I really, really, really love this article. For the love of Christ, READ THIS PLEASE.
---
"Sometimes, I felt called to the ministry. I’d been working on a little collection of messages and I had some pretty clever catch phrases. That’s what I thought ministry was: telling people how to fix their lives. But my church was falling apart, and the mental hospital was starting to feel like home.
A bulldozer mechanic with panic disorder tutored me on statistical analysis the night before a big exam. A bipolar card shark slipped me two 20s so I could buy a textbook. I sang hymns with a manically depressed house painter on the high rail at the river bridge. I had communion in a side cell with an inmate who gave me half his tray.
Truth came from strange places in the Bible. Outlaws, loners and loose women. Jesus ran with a rough crowd. And He warned the religious about labels and easy assumptions. Those people you’re calling lost might be closer to the Kingdom than you."
---
Again and again I remember my alcoholic, depressed, suicidal, homeless, and ex-convict bros and sisters. I've heard first-hand testimonies of people from different nations and generations all sharing about how Jesus saved them from their darkest moments. Again and again, I see why they call Him the Saviour. "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world!"
How these ragamuffins understand the depths of God's grace in such deeper measure than our carefully coiffed and cultured "middle-class Christianity". I mean... I just keep seeing how good the gospel sounds to thirsty ears. Indeed, blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
:') Dear God, how good the gospel sounds to broken hearts. I've seen all this first-hand. Really. I've seen God work SO REAL. All the Bible classes and theology come to LIFE as I see the Spirit of Jesus walking and talking so alive among the least of these.
Luke 1:50-53
[Mary:] "His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty."
And I remember... that I too, am one of the least of these.
We all are. If only we knew.








https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgceE_jVxRM
As Yom Kippur begins - a fascinating fact: did you know that the Talmud teaches that God rejected the Yom Kippur sacrifices every year for the last 40 years before the temple was destroyed? The reason why will amaze you (WATCH)











能不能 就讓我留在祢的同在裡
能不能 賜我力量讓我更多愛祢


我哪都不想去 


只想日夜在祢殿中
獻上敬拜 全心全意來愛祢

No comments: