Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Whatever, whatever You say

Now that school has ended, I can finally try to make time for all the useful things I wanna learn muahahaha #cooking #piano #teachertianshifastercomebackteachme

And oh my gosh can't wait for JB with Dabi too!! This is serious delayed gratification #wmmtinitialdwaitforme 










One of the girls was telling me about the difficulty she experienced while studying Deuteronomy and after reading Deu 28 again, just hope to share this.

I know sometimes it's hard for people to accept that God wants us to meet conditions: I thought we don't need to work hard to be good to earn God's love? 

I think that's where the misconception lies. 




God's love is unconditional, God's grace is unconditional, but I believe God's blessings are conditional.  


"All these blessings will come to you in abundance if you obey the Lord your God:"
(Deuteronomy 28:2) 


By definition, which I believe all of us know, if means "in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that". 


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is ambiguity in the verse to warrant other interpretations. 


Doesn't this suggest that God is not that loving after all? 
I don't think so.


If our earthly dads who love us with a finite love will not allow us to go on the wrong path, much less bless us when we do so, why will our Heavenly Father do that? 


Why would He encourage us, His children, to continually sin by blessing us in our evil ways? 



God wants to draw us closer to Him, not push us further away. 


No comments: