Friday, January 2, 2015

Find Me A Singaporean last night featured a godly couple who initially decided to go to Vietnam to help the poor and under privileged for a year and stayed for fourteen instead. 

I (very) rarely sit in front of the TV to watch Mediacorp productions but I guess it's God's plan for me to take notice of the programme when I just happened to walk past the TV during the commercial break. 


"I'm here to serve the Vietnamese, and I want to spend the rest of my life to love the poor and under privileged."


Michael and Jacqueline shared about how God called them to go to Vietnam; to be a blessing to the lost, to minister to the hurting and lonely, and as I looked at how grateful some of the recipients were.. I couldn't help but get teary even as I'm writing now. 


My mum was watching a variety show on my sis' laptop in the living room too and during one of the moments when I was trying to hold back my tears, she suddenly took interest in the show and asked me what Michael was doing there. Told her about his conviction and for the first time, she did not mock the family for being silly in wanting to help people in need; she actually commended him for having a good heart. I was surprised as my mum has never been supportive of me having a similar conviction. Praying that she'd cont' to be more accepting! Thank You God for softening her heart! 




In a video rec, Michael's mum said this:

“你那时候跟我讲:“妈咪 对不起,我要去帮那些比较穷的人” ,不用对不起啦,因为你去帮他们也等于在帮我们。”


:')






No comments: