Was really touched by this sweet gesture. Thanks for speaking my love languages girl :')
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PK2-imOFHY&list=PL_L1za0tEXFWMNvGzh46f1k4_1P-M4fqs&index=8
Release from the Curse, Part 1
(It's scriptural; by Derek Prince.)
One thing I've learnt is that teachers unknowingly lay curses when they say things like, "You'll never do well", "You are always so careless".
Based on my tutoring exp thus far, I have seen a number of such cases. For instance, one of my boys in Yen's used to commit so many spelling errors that he had to be given 300 words worth of spelling corrections after one lesson. According to his classmates who are also in Yen's, their English teacher frequently says that he will 'always commit careless mistakes'.
The opposite is true too. Students who excel tend to have teachers who speak well of them. Chloe (above) is a very good example. She represented the school in national essay writing competitions etc and I always praised her for her good work cause she's one of the few who strives to write with excellence. She's a very obedient and courteous girl too so I'm sure other teachers do the same.
So if you are teaching in any way, please know that you really hold the power to mould the future of your kids, especially your words. I believe everyone has sth in them that's praiseworthy. I know I may not possess enough exp to say all these, but I truly believe that teaching is about shaping lives.
For the better.

No comments:
Post a Comment