Friday, September 6, 2013

I believe in the trinity and no other being.

Ran into God the Mother evangelists for the first time and woah, that's probably one of the most.... wow experiences lol.

Well I usually don't stop to do surveys but she didn't look like the sales type so when she stopped me repeatedly I relented.

The questions alr sorta prepared me for what was to come but ehh, I'll share with you more if you ask me personally.

They showed me multiple verses to convince me and I just shared with them what I know about the context etc. But it seems like Galatians 4:26 is what they hold closest to their hearts.

But hey, let's take a look at this commentary and I think it really makes sense:



Verse 26
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
The earthly Jerusalem with its ordinances and laws represents Hagar and her offspring. They are slaves to the Law, sin and death. But the heavenly Jerusalem is Sarah, the free woman. This heavenly Jerusalem is the Church, that is to say the number of all believers throughout the world, having one and the same Gospel, one and the same faith in Christ, one and the same Holy Ghost, and the same sacraments.

Do not mistake this one word "above" to refer to the triumphant Church in heaven, but to the militant Church on earth. In Philippians 3:20, the Apostle uses the phrase: "Our conversation is in heaven," not locally in heaven, but in spirit. When a believer accepts the heavenly gifts of the Gospel he is in heaven. So also in Ephesians 1:3, "Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." Jerusalem here means the universal Christian Church on earth.
Sarah, the Church, as the bride of Christ bears free children who are not subject to the Law.




As much as we still have different beliefs, I'm glad to have known what constitutes theirs and also be reminded of the need to communicate effectively and in a loving manner :)


No comments: