Tuesday, August 6, 2013

And when the stars are shining brightly in the velvet sky

Was kinda puzzled by my mum's recent increase in attention given and finally got my answer when my Sis told me she read to my mum a FB note I wrote for Mothers' Day last year. Gosh you bet I was literally \o/. Cause I'm raised in a traditional inexpressive Chinese family and we don't even say anything more than thank you, let alone I love you and the sort, like what I wrote in the note. And she said my mum laughed ahhhhh.

Oh wells forget it, if not for my Sis I doubt I'll dare show my mum what I wrote too. Now to think of it I really wonder where I got the courage from to pass her the card Pastor Shirley asked us to write during Mothers' Day service five years back. Still remember how I couldn't stop crying while writing throughout. Sorry Michelle for freaking you out yeah.


Always enjoy watching 非诚勿扰 - a very popular Chinese matchmaking variety programme, with my mum almost every mon / wed night from 2100 to 2200. This is how we spend quality time apart from meals hehehe. We appreciate the humour of the host, though interesting guys and girls are starting to dwindle..


Sooo, I always love rewatching these two videos hiak.



Most of the male participants love giving gifts when they introduce themselves, but I think this is the cutest of all. The Edison Chen look-alike is entertaining with his broken Chinese and the female particpant looks like a princess to me lol, pretty like wow. The confession at the end is really memorable somehow, though the YouTube users just kinda made me sad by pointing out how he wasn't nervous at the end, playboy etc.. Oh wellllll



One of my favourite female participants finally recorded her last episode after so long! What I like most is how 黄老师 put it:

"我一直以来,以为除了死亡之外,对所有人来讲,相对比较公平的可能就是爱情。
也许有人会讲有些人条件好啊,她就可以吸引更多人啊。但是同样的,能够唤起她爱的人也就很少了。所以呢,我是觉得啊,你是真的很幸运,一路走来也很不容易的,你的幸运大半是在于, 你没把自己当女神。"


Can't agree more.
She's really humble and all despite her amazing background, salutes!






No comments: