It was great how I could finally have the chance to share certain things I'm so.. convicted of myself yesterday? Haha.
Well nothing much, just that
2. I'll prefer MelChol to MelPhleg, though the latter is fine still
3. I'm not possessive; I'm fine with my good friend / best friend meeting up with others BUT when they are with me, it has to be one to one - that is real quality time spent to me
And one more thing;
During special occasions, I'll place extra emphasis on point 3.
Thank God that He's given me a 'progressive' nature, if you know what I mean.
[ My Sis' birthday is coming up, haha ]
Anyway, when people say God is more than enough for them, do they really know what they are talking about? [ No 'shooting' intended; I've heard this quite a few times ]
If God is more than enough, why do people have other desires?
Desire for companionship, desire for material possessions, desire for achievements, and so on.
I know the standard solution is the God-shaped hole in our hearts - and I acknowledge that - but I don't think that is a conclusive answer.
Even as we acknowledge God and receive Him as our Saviour, can we really say we have no other desires at all?
When we are tempted we have unholy thoughts, and here comes the desire to satisfy our carnal nature. And this, leads to us carrying out the sins.
With desire comes action.
Today, I really understand what it means.
2 comments:
awesome i can be ur good friend :D
haha some deeeep thoughts here man. just add my two cents worth. i guess u're right bout people having many other desires. that's just carnality at its best.
probably when ppl say god is more than enough for you/me, its like a reminder for them to remember that only god can fill the deepest desires of them wanting to be acknowleged/loved (:
after all, we always want more. (godly more, or worldly more) lol. like, we need to meet up more. HAHA.
Yeah I think so too :D *laughs*
Haha yup I agree the reminder part. And yes, we needa meet up when my hols come, and after you graduate HAHA
Post a Comment