18 May 2015
The greatest day in o'fifteen, porridge cooked and You have rescued me, shout it out, Jesus is alive~
Okay kidding about the greatest day but gosh, I really managed to cook a pot of porridge for myself for the first time in 22 years hahahaha thank God~ I know it's not the pretty pretty porridge you see in restaurants but hey, it's objectively nice - cause it tastes like my mum's hiak! Was like praying against explosion too lollll #parentsscaredmetoomuch
Quote from the book, "You Shall Receive Power."
My first wife had a unique prayer life. I have never met anybody else who prayed exactly as she did. People sometimes asked her, “What’s the secret of prayer?” She would say, “I just open my mouth wide and let the Holy Spirit fill it.” (How cool!) You can do the same. Just begin in faith, and then let the Holy Spirit take over. This is how we pray the effectual prayer from the mind of God.
You cannot have a Christian prayer life in the natural. For instance, Ephesians 6:18 says, “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,” and 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “Pray without ceasing.” You can’t do that in your own strength and resources. But in the Spirit, you can! Paul gave us insight into how we can do this when he wrote, “Do not quench the Spirit” (1 Thessalonians 5:19). That is the answer. If you are not quenching the Spirit but instead living according to the Spirit, you can have a prayer meeting going on inside you twenty-four hours a day.
What I am describing is a prayer life that is not on the natural plane, but it is the will of God for us. When we accept the help of the Holy Spirit, He makes it possible.
My first wife had a unique prayer life. I have never met anybody else who prayed exactly as she did. People sometimes asked her, “What’s the secret of prayer?” She would say, “I just open my mouth wide and let the Holy Spirit fill it.” (How cool!) You can do the same. Just begin in faith, and then let the Holy Spirit take over. This is how we pray the effectual prayer from the mind of God.
You cannot have a Christian prayer life in the natural. For instance, Ephesians 6:18 says, “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,” and 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “Pray without ceasing.” You can’t do that in your own strength and resources. But in the Spirit, you can! Paul gave us insight into how we can do this when he wrote, “Do not quench the Spirit” (1 Thessalonians 5:19). That is the answer. If you are not quenching the Spirit but instead living according to the Spirit, you can have a prayer meeting going on inside you twenty-four hours a day.
What I am describing is a prayer life that is not on the natural plane, but it is the will of God for us. When we accept the help of the Holy Spirit, He makes it possible.
Have I said before how much I really love the relief I get at the end of every prayer? Because He is in charge, I just have to follow.

No comments:
Post a Comment