Happy belated birthday Reynard!
Though as an extreme mel I used to niam you all the time cause of your phlegness in ministry, you're still a friend whom I'm thankful to have known for the past three years as fellow youth transfers. You're really a great listener and encouraging brother; thank you for the awesome box of Royce the other time when I was just kidding on instagram that I wanted it. Was really touched when you said you pleaded your mum for that and gave it to me the very next day at the end of LG aww. I'm so gonna continue disturbing you for the next three weeks hiak!
/////////
Sometimes, we tend to assume the worst of others before understanding the full picture.
Sermon just started and in less than 5 minutes, I felt really sleepy. Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed and learnt a lot from the sermon by Pastor Denis ( doing good, saving lives ), it was just that my sleep was disturbed by some stuff the previous night and I had tuition before service so I was more tired than usual.
My instinct reaction to counterattack the sleepiness was to sit forward, thinking it should be helpful. Well it was, for a few minutes. I really, tried my best to stay awake but it was a failed attempt so guess I fished a lil. Which then garnered the attention of the people around and I heard my sheep who was beside me went, 'Lol, like that even more obvious'.
Sometime later, Pastor Denis continued to talk about resting in God and said, '...If you see your neighbour sleeping during sermon tell them you're resting too much.'
And she told me that with you know, a tone of semi-condemnation? Man, I felt so.. wronged.
Anyway just wanna do a disclaimer that I'm not ranting here, but to bring up the point that sometimes, we have to go beyond what we see. Perhaps we should strive to understand as much as possible, before coming to a conclusion.
Some other stuff happened during the week before and I can't help but to wonder, is it necessary to bring people down? Is that what Jesus would have said, or done? I truly doubt so.
We can always choose to love.
Sunday, June 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment